Friday, December 19, 2008

Affective design & business

Henrik Fisker - Chief in Design of Fords Motor, Aston Martin, BMW, and his own Fisker Coachbuilt.

"Passion. I remember, as a kid, riding in the back of my dad's old Saab 95 in Denmark. We were on the highway, and suddenly this silver Masertai Bora came upon us, then passed. At the time, to me, this car looked like a spaceship. I remember this tingly feeling I had, these goosebumps. That was it; that was the moment. I was into cars from then on."


"I have a certain way of designing, and I just won't shake that out of my system. I love pure sculpture, I like the right stance, large wheels sitting really well in the body; low-slung, sexy, beautiful, sculptural cars. I'm trying to create timeless designs that will last long. This is about creating a sense of style in this segment. This is not about quick hits....
When you see that car, something goes on in your stomach. It's so sexy, amazingly sexy. It almost doesn't matter how it drives."

"We want to be able to react to the market quickly; we have developed a way of designing and producing cars that allows us to go from idea and first sketch to market in about 18 months."

Quotes from:
http://www.motortrend.com/features/112_0507_henrik_fisker/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment